Pages

Sunday, November 20, 2011

The Holiday Season has Arrived!

Thanksgiving is this week and it sure crept up on us!  The gardens are all put to bed for the year although some garlic sprouts are peeking up from the ground and hopefully will rest easy during the winter season.  This will be our first year at this home during the winter and we hope we will remain sane.  We have found a brisk hourly walk in town that we try to do a few times a week.  I know I will have no problem with the solitude out in the country especially since I do have my trusty internet and have been working earnestly on my new Etsy shop.  This is the main reason for lack of posting on the blog since I wanted to make sure I was all set before the holidays arrived.  In the short time I have been working on the shop I have sold 3 listings and am very happy with that!  With my most recent listing I decided to offer Personalized fabric heart ornaments and am holding my breath to see how that works out.
Also a Treasury called Make it Personal with items from other shops that can be personalized for some great holiday gift giving.

Besides scoping out all the Teams and forums on the Etsy website and just trying to take it all in, I also created a group on Facebook.  This group is growing and has a great set of like-minded shop owners supporting and sharing...everyone is welcome to join us at Handmade Shops.  An additional blog has also been started HotPadHangout to focus specifically on my new shop and talk about promoting and marketing online.

So with the holidays here I am forced to take some time off and enjoy Family.  My daughter is coming to stay for a day on Tuesday when classes end and my sister-in-law and family will be joining us for the entire weekend starting Wednesday.  So as I enjoy family time and reflect on all I have to be thankful for, I will let my mind focus on my future plans and work on my mission statement.  I know without a doubt my key interests are HomeGrown, HomeCooked and HomeCrafted .... where I am headed we have yet to see but I am sure it will be enjoyable.

p.s.  I will miss you Mom and Dad and look forward to visiting some time around Christmas!  

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone ... Enjoy!!


No comments:

Post a Comment