Pages

Monday, November 21, 2011

Hooded Merganser Sighting

Well today I was having trouble with the internet and took some time to glance out the window a few more times than normal ... something I used to do a whole lot more before I got internet connected and this is what I saw ....

A pair of Hooded Mergansers
The pictures are a bit fuzzy since I was inside and I do need to spend some time learning the right adjustments for outdoor photo taking.  You can see the female has a brown crest hood whereas the male is black and white.  It was really amazing to watch them float around and I am thinking it was a gentle reminder to Enjoy Nature.  I have never seen these birds before and feel real lucky to have been able to capture a few photos right in my backyard.

Thank goodness the internet was acting up today and I didn't miss this remarkable sighting as it floated right before me!  How Awesome is that!

No comments:

Post a Comment