Pages

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Paper Wasp Nest

How bizarre looking is this?!?!
I was out scoping the area looking for some cool pictures to take and my son and girlfriend asked if I had seen the nest?    They pointed it out from far across the yard since they really didn't want to get too close and even from that distance you could see the wasps streaming in and out as they went about their business.

At times I show no fear and flew right over to capture some photos and the one above is by far the best of the bunch.   The nest resembles a face and is rather spooky if I do say so myself.   Simply amazing how nature creates these wonders.   I love the top (hair) and the entrance (mouth)!   I could spend hours taking shots but the wasps may take notice and get annoyed with me - something I would like to avoid!




Don't forget to add your comment to the Gourmet Garlic Giveaway post for your chance at winning some delicious garlic!

1 comment:

  1. it is beautiful in a natures way... but you are braver than I, I am allergic & would stay far away! Yikes!

    ReplyDelete