Pages

Thursday, September 8, 2011

Creating the Grunge Look on Fabric

I was elated when I searched the Internet and found this technique to create the Grunge look on fabric.   With my paper creations, I have mastered the look and love it!   Not sure how to explain what Grunge is, but it's like a distressed, dirty worn look full of character and the beauty of aged time.

Here's what you do - add the following ingredients in a glass bowl and microwave for 1-2 minutes or it may be easier to heat the water and pour that over the other ingredients.
1/2 cup instant coffee
1 tablespoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon nutmeg
1 teaspoon ginger (I used allspice since I didn't have ginger)
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup water
Use a sponge applicator and blot the material - I used a muslin type fabric.
Several of the pieces of fabric I just dunked in the liquid and squeezed out.


You can dry in the oven at 150 degrees but I just allowed my fabric pieces to air dry.  The smell is coffee cinnamon and the look so Grungy!  Now to decide what to design .... heart ornaments, little birds or teddy bears!   Can't wait to create!


Added to Ladybug Blessings Linkup

No comments:

Post a Comment